Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for the latest "Adobe InDesign IDML File Format Specification"

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, 

I'm looking for the latest PDF document, i've downloaded the Indesign Plugin SDK..

In the documentation, i found this :

------------------------------------------------------

IDML Documentation

IDML documentation is available in the InDesign plugin SDK.

The following IDML documentation is available:

• Adobe InDesign IDML File Format Specification - A formal specification of the IDML file format. This detailed document is available for InDesign CS5 on the InDesign developer documentation web page.
  • Adobe InDesign Markup Language (IDML) Cookbook - A less formal, "how to" guide for working with IDML.

------------------------------------------------------

But i never found the detailed PDF on InDesignDevelopper Documentation website..

I managed to find the CS5 PDF on other websites, but i need the documentation for SVG image, which is much more recent...

If someone can help, it would be appreciated !

Regards

Marc

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never found it either. It seems elusive. I downloaded an enormous InDesign SDK but did not find it in the wilderness of files that unzipped. Does anyone know of a clear path to this info?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please have a look at the following discussion where the current state of this documentation is stated

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/where-is-the-idml-specification/m-p/13170191#M49...

@Mike Witherell As regards where to look in the SDK. Locate the docs/html folder open up any html inside it. The HTML page has a navigation pane on the left, there you can see the InDesign Markup Language (IDML) Cookbook listed. See the screenshot below

Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 5.51.53 PM.png

-Manan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so I located both the 2010 CS5 document (which is loaded with info) as well as the 2012 CS6 document (which has little real info in it).

Therefore, the ONLY available aging reference is the one from 2010 CS5. Does anyone mind if I host a copy of it on my website?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines