• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Machine translation InDesign 18.2.1

New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a complete newbie in InDesign. I have a 144 page document with text and images which I need to translate from Spanish to Dutch about music instruments. I'm used to machine translating, then correcting it. In this case, I would prefer to machine translate it within the InDesign document as it would be very inefficient to extract all text boxes one for one, translate it in deepL, then place in the correct boxes again.

I tried figuring this out via ChatGPT with no luck. It seems there might have been a machine translation feature which changed/ was removed with this newest version of InDesign?

I work on IOS and am happy to purchase a plugin of some sort as long as it's not too expensive (up until 20euros it's fine) if it works. Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

Sofia

TOPICS
How to , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

There's a lot of document management involved in translation - in particular it won't be the same length so you may have more or less pages, messing up the flow. Very unlikely anything will translate in place.  InDesign is not available for iOS, only Mac and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a lot of document management involved in translation - in particular it won't be the same length so you may have more or less pages, messing up the flow. Very unlikely anything will translate in place.  InDesign is not available for iOS, only Mac and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sofia,

My Translate add-on for InDesign sounds like it fits the ticket! It works with DeepL, and you can supply a custom glossary for increased translation accuracy. (User Guide here: Translate Help - Id-Extras.com)

Translate - Id-Extras.com

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines