Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

macOS Sonoma 14.1 - Adobe Indesign 2023 and 2024

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Deceided to start a new post regarding an earlier post this month.
Just to make things clear.

The initial problem early october after updating to macOS Sonoma 14.0

The submenus don't open when I move a panel to a secondary monitor, like "character styles".
When moved back to my primary screen, it works fine.
This problem affected: Adobe Indesign 2023 (latest version), Adobe Indesign 2024, Adobe Illustrator 2024, and Adobe Photoshop 2024.

-> Solution from Adobe after tech support, while they took over my system. To create a new user account. This seemed to work, and it took me 2,5 hours to setup my new user account on macOS. So I was relieved. 

The problem that occurs after updating to macOS Sonoma 14.1

The submenus don't open when I move a panel to a secondary monitor, like "character styles".
This problem only affects: Adobe Indesign 2023 (latest version) and Adobe Indesign 2024.
No problems with Adobe Illustrator CC 2024 and Adobe Photoshop 2024 so far.

I mean … I'm not supposed to create a new user account every time Apple releases a bug fix for their OS … right? My system is very clean … all legal software, no games and such … just my apps.

I was talking to a person called Aman … so please Adobe, when you read this, report this to him. I tried the chat support, but no response so far. It's late here, so I'm off to bed.

I use: 2x 4K 27 inch monitors from iiyama, if that might be helpful. GPU performance is enabled.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign min specs don't show Sonoma as a supported operating system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/system-requirements.html

Processor

• Multicore Intel processor or Apple silicon/M1/M2.
  • SSE4.2 or higher SIMD engine.

Operating System

• macOS version 13 (Ventura)
  • macOS version 12 (Monterey)
  • macOS version 11 (Big Sur)

RAM

Minimum 8 GB of RAM (16 GB recommended)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I'm only fieldtesting, but wanted to report. No way, I'm doing this kind of stuff on a production machine 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there should be an update to InDesign out around now or very soon. 

Also - there have been improvements for Sonoma

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-sonoma-compatibility-common-issues.html

Updates

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/release-notes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a MacMini that came with Sonoma 14.4.1 installed. InDesign opens and then immediately gives me the spinning wheel. I can't believe this is happening after Sonoma has been out for over six months. I must use InDesign daily for my work. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a MacMini that came with Sonoma 14.4.1 installed. InDesign opens and then immediately gives me the spinning wheel. I can't believe this is happening after Sonoma has been out for over six months. I must use InDesign daily for my work. Any solutions?

By @Julie Karen

Just to make sure: what exact version of InDesign is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM does that machine have? Did you properly install InDesign or migrate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would restore InDesign preferences and caches. That often helps in a newly installed InDesign version. Here's how:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Julie Karen,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on the issue. Are you able to open InDesign without issues? Please try the suggestions shared by our experts and let us know if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines