Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS Ventura Adobe CC 22 or 23

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All!

Have anybode tried out the new MacOS Ventura together with InDesign, PS or Illustrator or any other CC programs? Cant find anything online on this topic. Pls advice! 🙌

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura is not from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This i know, trust me! Just currious how the CC programs run on the latest update from Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They run fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you currently on the latest "Beta" or RC Ventura update that Apple released on tuesday the 18th? If so thins i sgood news! Thx for posting so quick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual rule of course: don't switch production to a beta system, or a nrwly released system less than a few months old. Of course if you want to play with a new system and Adobe apps are only used to play too, it's a different story. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual rule of course: don't switch production to a beta system, or a newly released system less than a few months old. Of course if you want to play with a new system and Adobe apps are only used to play too, it's a different story. 

By @Test Screen Name

The only reason I'm not marking this as the correct answer is that it is not a direct answer to the original question. Otherwise--words to live by.

What's more important--using the latest and greatest (goes for Adobe software too)--using stable versions and getting the work out on time (and paying the rent!)?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange Ventura public release came out today and I can't find anything on whether CC 2023 is working well or not? I guess as is says, to wait at least a week or for the next updates to both CC and Ventura. I am mostly interested in whether Indesign 2023 works.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Ventura seems to be working for me as I test it today, it's a good idea to wait to install on production computers. I'd just test on non-production computers or wait until the inevitable 13.0.1 or 13.0.2 to fix bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange Ventura public release came out today and I can't find anything on whether CC 2023 is working well or not?

By @DTP-1984

It’s actually not strange. I’ve watched every year when the big Apple and Adobe updates come out, and it is perfectly normal for Adobe to not post any compatibility information on macOS upgrade launch day. It may not be perfectly helpful to us, but it’s been the pattern. Whatever the cause, it’s known is that many software companies don’t like to make statements until they’ve had a little while to work with the final public release, in case anything changed since the last betas.

What is different this year is that Adobe has actually provided answers more quickly, on the same day as the Apple release. In most years, Adobe doesn’t publish anything for a week or more. This year, the afternoon of the macOS release Google was already turning up a bunch of Ventura compatibility articles for various Adobe applications. Then, late in the afternoon, the page John Waller posted appeared, and that’s the most helpful one…because it lists many Adobe applications, their current compatibility, and known issues/links in a single table. And in that table, InDesign 2023 is listed as not having known issues.

However, I’m with Steve…I won’t upgrade until I know my entire workflow from end to end has Ventura-compatible software available…for my cameras, scanner, printer drivers, calibrators, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…I won’t upgrade until I know my entire workflow from end to end has Ventura-compatible software available…for my cameras, scanner, printer drivers, calibrators, etc

Out of interest @Conrad C , how long would it typically take you to be satisfied that your entire workflow is ready for Ventura?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been many macOS releases where I didn’t upgrade for 6 to 9 months. macOS 12 Monterey was an exception, because right after macOS 12 was released I bought an Apple Silicon Mac that shipped with macOS 12 so I had no choice. But that one went smoothly, because macOS 12 wasn’t that different from macOS 11, and by then a lot of software was also Apple Silicon native.

Most of the years I waited longer were around the time when Apple was making serious changes to the foundation of macOS based on security concerns and preparing for the transition to Apple Silicon, like the jump from macOS 10.14 to 10.15 that broke a lot of software.

If I am right that macOS 13 may not have deep enough changes to break a lot of software, I think a lot of us might be able to switch over within 3 to 5 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines