• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing fonts that have been downloaded

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i thought I knew what I was doing and cant seem to fondant answer to my problem online. I got sent a zip file with fonts and indesign files. I downloaded the fonts and opened the indesign file but the fonts are still missing. Do I have to replace the fonts with the new fonts even though they are the same? I'm lost and could use some help!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of InDesign and the Operating System.
  2. What kind of font you are using? Is it Adobe font or Typekit or any other font?
  3. If you have the current version of InDesign, could you please try adding the fonts to the location mentioned below and check again:

For Mac: Applications/Adobe\Adobe InDesign 2020\Fonts

For Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign 2020\Fonts

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I downloaded the fonts and opened the indesign file but the fonts are still missing."

I'm not sure what you mean by "downloaded," but in any case, those fonts would have to be installed, or at least within a subfolder named Document Fonts in the same parent folder as the .indd file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are the font in a folder named Document Fonts, and is that folder in the same folder as the InDesign document?

If that is the case, and they are not connecting, it could be that they are old Type 1 fonts (I have found that those don't play well with Document Fonts folder activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines