• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing required parameter from for method open & shortcut for export not working in InDesign 2020

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the message in indesign show Missing required parameter 'from' for method 'open' each time I double click on any indesign file. At the same time I  use shotcut keys and would normally use apple+E for export files to pdf. I have not updated anything. Current Indesign is 15.1 and running MacOS Cataline 10.15.2.  I have searched everything and find no solution

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Update: I've been able to narrow down the issue to files that I'm trying to open over a network. When the InDesign file is sitting on my actual computer, it opens by double-clicking on the file name/icon. If I do the same via the network - whether connected by ethernet or Wifi - I get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

It's my own file and I'm only using Macs, both at work and at home. And still just one example of many occurencies like thses the past weeks. I could collect more data.

Most importantly, I think you missed one detail about the Swedish vowel. This was in the folders name, not the files name. Like this:

FOLDER USING Å (not working)

Filenamn.indd

FOLDER USING A  (working)

Filenamn.indd

FOLDER USING Å (changed back and now this works too)

Filenamn.indd

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

I think I figured it out. In my case it was the german character ("ä") in one of my main folders which has never caused any problems in the past six years. However now I changed it and that fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

I'm testing this now and the "foreign" characters looks suspicious. Same with the Swedish ä.

But what I found out is that only touching the files name will do. Doesn't matter whaich character I change but making a change will fix the problem somhow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing this now and the "foreign" characters looks suspicious. Same with the Swedish ä.

But what I found out is that only touching the files name will do. Doesn't matter whaich character I change but making a change will fix the problem somhow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As read below, if I go to "Open..." in InDesign, then navigate to the indd file, seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for confirming it works that way. Just in case if you're unable to open the file using the double click on macOS, please ensure you have provided InDesign full disc access. To do that, please go to Apple Menu > System Settings > Privacy & Security > Full disc access. Let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One first solution is to open files only from the File menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines