• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modifying tab size

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you edit tab size in Indesign? For example, the default tab size is too large and I need it to be smaller when I press tab so the words line up in a column.

I saw on one of the Adobe tutorials that you need to open the Tab dialog box after clicking the type tool but I still can't even figure out how to open the Tab menu. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll be happy to learn InDesign has an online help, and this is actually covered in it: Set tabs and indents in Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I already saw that as stated in my post. But I can't even find where to open the Tab menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the Type menu at the top of your screen and choose Tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its literally not there. I came here after checking same help page. can't follow simple directions if "tabs" is not there unter "type" where it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Whitney5DB6:

The Tabs command is at the top of the Type menu—it is the 5th item listed. 

One can hide commands in InDesign. Did the command getting hidden by accident or as a prank by a co-worker or to limit the functionality by IT? 

This control is available in Edit > Menus. If the eyeball is missing, click to reinstate it. If that isn't the issue, remove and reinstall InDesign. 

~Barb 

tabs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think so?

I tried to show everything. not new to InDesign, but definately removed from Menu. thanks for the solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s a screenshot from the link above, loud'n'clear:

Tabs.png

While choosing it from menu, notice a keyboard shortcut is available, too.

Tabs2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines