• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Placed Files & Deleting

Participant ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is happening—I feel like this never used to happen before. 

I am trying to place an image (technically, a .psd file) into my spread. OK, so it goes in — however, I want to move it now to properly fit, and instead of moving the whole placed file, it is moving the file WITHIN some arbitrary frame that it has created, i.e. if there was a picture at the top, at the center, and at the bottom, it is moving the center to be at the top. I just want to move the whole file!

Part 2 is, when I delete a file such as this, instead of deleting everything, it is leaving this sort of blue frame, with an x through it. I feel like this never happened before—I used to just be able to hit delete and everything would be gone?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

It sounds like you are using the Direct Selection Tool (White Arrow) to select your graphic frame. When you use that tool then the image is supposed to become separate from the outside frame and if you delete that selected image then the outside frame (the blue line you mentioned) is left behind as an empty frame. Select your frames with the regular selection tool (the Black Arrow) and the image will not automatically become "activated" and separate from the frame. However, even when selecting a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you are using the Direct Selection Tool (White Arrow) to select your graphic frame. When you use that tool then the image is supposed to become separate from the outside frame and if you delete that selected image then the outside frame (the blue line you mentioned) is left behind as an empty frame. Select your frames with the regular selection tool (the Black Arrow) and the image will not automatically become "activated" and separate from the frame. However, even when selecting a graphic frame containing an image with the black arrow it may still be possible to accidentally activate the image. When you select with the black arrow you will see what looks like a transparent double circle in the center of the image. If you click on that it will also activate the image. It also can happen if you double-click on the image with the black arrow tool. Just click once with the black arrow to keep the image un-activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines