• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi page document (Facing Pages) help

Advocate ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i'm doing multi page layout and have facing pages on i get 1 page at the top how can i get rid of this?

I want pages 1&2 to be sidse by side but right now it goes 1, 2-3,4-5 etc.. i dont want the lone page at top. I dont want it to display or be printed.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

In a left-to-right reading InDesign document, printing tradition determines that odd-numbered pages are on the right, and even-numbered are on the left. So to create left-right, left-right spreads you need to start your numbering on page 2.

From the Pages panel menu choose Numbering and Section Options, and set the start page to be 2.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 5.18.51 AM.png

This will give you what you want.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 5.19.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a left-to-right reading InDesign document, printing tradition determines that odd-numbered pages are on the right, and even-numbered are on the left. So to create left-right, left-right spreads you need to start your numbering on page 2.

From the Pages panel menu choose Numbering and Section Options, and set the start page to be 2.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 5.18.51 AM.png

This will give you what you want.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 5.19.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!!!!!!! thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do i do if i want pages 1-2 side by side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell more about how you're using your layout. What is the purpose of the numbers?

InDesign's page numbering feature is designed for printing which doesn't allow that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating facing pages with numbers is really only used for printing which has to follow certain rules.

If you're creating a presentation, or a web page or an EPUB or Kindle publication (which aren't fixed size), you wouldn't be viewing the pages with numbering side-by-side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @cbishop01 , With the Pages panel flyout menu’s Allow Document Pages to Shuffle unchecked, delete page 1

Screen Shot 1.png

If your document is going to be printed and bound, and the 1-2 spread is folded at the spine, where’s the page that would have to print on the back of page 1?

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines