• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi state object across multiple layers

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have my multi state object to have few of it's elements to stay on the backround and others to appear on top without disasembling the multi state object.

is there a way to have a multi state object that contains objects from multiple layers?

TOPICS
Feature request , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

A multi state object is one object on one layer. You can't see anything on one state from another.

I understand what you want but it's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the final output format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print. How does it matter? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't sure if you were discussing a digital object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using multi state objects to speed up my work. So I can quickly change between different type of price modules which also include a background. So the price needs to be infront of product pictures and background at the back for obvious reasons. 

Right now my workaround is to copy out the price module from the multi state object and paste on the correct layer. That is still quicker than any alternative I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't need interactivity? 

How about using Library?

Are you building some kind of catalogue? Do you have your data in a database / Excel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have the multi state object in my library. But that is besides the point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not - because we don't know what is your end goal - maybe solution to your "problem" is a completely different workflow? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my end goal is to have one multi state object containing objects on multiple layers.

So that when I place a picture on a multi state object it is between the objects of that multi state object. 

having that multi state object in library doesn't help one bit. Unless I'm missing something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what is your "end goal" overall?

What kind of publication are you preparing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weekly printed supermarket product catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why are you doing it manually? 

Are you the only "decision maker" - the only person who decides what is going where and there is no "database" of any kind? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not doing it fully manually... not fully automated either.

I'm not a decision maker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a database but I only get an excel snapshot of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to push you, no offence, I'm just trying to give the best help / solution possible.

If you can describe in more detail what exactly you are doing - how you are doing it - we may suggest a different approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe a screenshot mockup might help us understand what you are trying to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A multi state object is one object on one layer. You can't see anything on one state from another.

I understand what you want but it's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines