• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My export presets for PDF(print) are missing.

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have InDesign CS6. I went to export a file and I only have [custom] and standard (1). The normal settings such as "smallest file size", "high quality print" and "Press quality print" are all gone. Does anyone know how to fix this? And why this problem happened in the first place?

It seems it's just another problem to add to a long list which haults my work and wastes so much of my time. Is it too much to expect that an expensive program which my company paid for should just work?

If it makes any difference I am using Windows 7.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

I don't think Prefs is going to do it...

I uploaded a zip file of standard presets to my YouSendIt account a few mainths ago for someone else. It's still there: https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhVN3RhbEpOQnljZDhUQw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I have no idea where they are stored on your Mac (nor do I know if there are multiple copies for Illy to have its own). On the PC the default presets for everyone are stored in the "all users" profile under Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case i have several indesign users that the Adobe PDF presets in Indesign CS5.5 and 6 are damaged.

I tried to eliminate them and import them back and gives me an error saying thar the joboptions file are not valid.

The way that i foud to solve this is was to eliminate the user profile and buid a new one . so much work...

Could it be a damaged configuration file??

Please help me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Paulo, I originally posted the problem....i dont know what happened but i did a reboot a few times and maybe try to update any indesign plugins etc. and it suddenly appeared, all the presets in their place!

maybe just try to updating or re-installing if you have that option...and do few reboots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the message that the pºresets are invalid.

I reeboted the machine, deleted the preferences and the PDF presets, and didn't resolved.

Even if i create new ones, the problem mantains.

The only way to resolve it was to delete the user profile and create a new one.

this leads me to think that is a file in the library that is currupted. Bu which one?

The problem is that i have 15 adobe users and in one week i had to do it on 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tink you should be looking at what external program or third-party plugin for ID is causing the problem. What you are seeing is very far from being "normal."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only third-party plugin for ID is the Extensis Font Management, Canto Cumulus and PowerMath.

Breaking News: two more machines

And notice in the image below. The correct image is the above.

In the problematic machines gives me the image below.

Screen shot 2013-07-08 at 13.21.18.png

The description notice gives the message below but in other machine are ok.

The Screen shot 2013-07-08 at 13.27.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with Canto Cumulus or PowerMath, but Sutcase has a LONG history of causing trouble. I'd remove all three plugins temporarily and see if it makes a difference, then add back one at a time (and make sure you have the latest versions and that they are actually compatible withteh version of ID that you are running -- not much ready for the cc version yet). Your images are some sort of overprint error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your whites are overprinting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more than just the whites. There's something going on with the green hats and the blue belt, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7 64. When I installed Illustrator CC, ran it a few times, then uninstalled it, I lost my InDesign PDF presets.

A previous post mentioned that the presets are stored in C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings. I had to create the folders Adobe PDF\Settings in the C:\ProgramData\Abobe folder. It appears that uninstalling Illustrator deleted the Adobe PDF\Settings folder. (For XP/2000, this folder is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings)

After extracting the files in joboptions.zip to the Settings folder, all is well again, at least until I find something else that Illustrator and InDesign shared and was removed by Illustrator's removal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks to all 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue now after the latest update... can anyone help? (mac user)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared in this similar discussion and let is know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines