• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My lowres pdf is 300mb, normally it should be about 10 mb max.

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a PDF with the smallest file size. However, it will be 300 MB in size, while normally it is a maximum of 10 MB. I use large images, more than 600 dpi, but they should be automatically reduced in size with a low-res PDF. Is there a setting that is preventing it from working as I would expect? I already read something about downsampling, but I can't find that when I export.
Can anyone help me further?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally it will be printed. But it concerns me that the file behaves so differently than I am used to. I'm afraid there is something wrong with the document that could also cause problems with printing.
I have now made JPFs from all illustrator files. This has returned it to its normal size and my problem is solved for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to export your file as normal PDF (that is, Print, not Interactive). Set the standard to PDF/X-4 and resolution/compression to the desired levels. Will it make a difference?

leor_0-1718036978717.png

leor_1-1718037078498.png

EDIT: As I see, @rob day has just already mentioned the Interactive PDF aspect while I was writing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe export it on a certain way?
If I show a design to my client

Also, if the purpose of the PDF is for client review, try Exporting to a Print PDF with the Output tab set to this:

Screen Shot.png

The above will flatten all live transparency and convert the color to sRGB, which will display properly even in browsers or PDF readers that can’t handle transparency effects correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I would also expect, but also this pdf is extreme large. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the PDF/X-4 @leo.r suggested also large?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, also that one is too large

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a Transparency Flattener Preset that forces Rasters:

Screen Shot 25.png

Then when you Export a flattened sRGB PDF use it in the Advanced tab:

Screen Shot 26.pngScreen Shot 27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You placed complex AI/EPS (Transparency, Multiply, etc.)
To identify the problem, try converting them (the suspicious ones) to JPG (not ideal, I know) and save PDF again.

Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines