• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Myanmar Font can't be embedded in PDF - only on Mac - licence free

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am preparing the lay out of a long Myanmar language document, but there is an issue with exporting to PDF which does not want to embed a font used.

In the screenshot below the problem is with WinInnwa but the same warning comes up with Art House fonts.

Zawgyi font is no problem but for titles and pull quotes I want to use a different font.

I use Innwa on a PC computer at another office, with PC this problem doesnt happen but it does on Mac.

The fonts are licence free, there is another issue but we can't find how to resolve it. Outlining all the titles won't be a productive option as that will hamper future edits and updates in the table of contents.

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 16.49.49.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a pretty specific alert. Find another font or contact the font vendor for an unrestricted version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well thats the issue the only working font would be Zawgyi, which gets pretty boring but will have to do for now at least. Its just very strange that the use of Burmese unicode fonts do not pose this issue on PC's.

The Burmese fonts are not restricted...

A few years ago I also used other fonts on Mac and didn't have this issue either, so now I am wondering if this could be CC related?

Other people in the office have the same issues with this on Mac and they have not found a way to go around it (they also consulted with print shops etc...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines