• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help with Business Card

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the business card preset from Indesign. I have the design done but whenever I try to export it to a PDF it includes the white border around the card.

How do I get rid of this?

I've included relevant screenshots.

Thank you.

BlueShot_0-1706558567118.pngBlueShot_1-1706558619173.png

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

The white area is the full area of the business card (3.5 x2 inches). The area in the center, with the magenta border, is an arbitrary text area, not any kind of printing or layout limit.

It's also much too small. Document margins for text are typically about this for full pages, but as little as 1/8 inch on a business card. It's more or less the closest any text element should get to an edge where it might be trimmed off.

This is very basic stuff... there are some good tutorials here and ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Hi @BlueShot , Here’s a diagram of InDesign’s page guides—the Page Trim (Page Size) are the output dimensions

Screen Shot 23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white area is the full area of the business card (3.5 x2 inches). The area in the center, with the magenta border, is an arbitrary text area, not any kind of printing or layout limit.

It's also much too small. Document margins for text are typically about this for full pages, but as little as 1/8 inch on a business card. It's more or less the closest any text element should get to an edge where it might be trimmed off.

This is very basic stuff... there are some good tutorials here and around the web on the basics of InDesign layout etc. You might profit from a few minutes spent with them. InDesign isn't too hard to use (for basic work) but the first few steps of the learning curve are pretty steep.  🙂

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @BlueShot , Here’s a diagram of InDesign’s page guides—the Page Trim (Page Size) are the output dimensions

Screen Shot 23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines