• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Text box defaults to random dictionary instead of the one selected in my preferences

Participant ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening suddenly. When I create a new text box, the user dictionary defaults to Dutch Old Rules instead of English USA. I have no idea why this is happening and I cannot find any way to change it to English USA. I have English USA selected in preferences, and have never changed it in all my years using Indesign. Spellcheck and dynamic spelling is now useless as it flags every word as being a typo. Is this a known bug, or is someting corrupted?

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Nevermind, someone who edited the document changed the dropdown in the character panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, someone who edited the document changed the dropdown in the character panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Glad to hear that! For future reference, you can also refer to this article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/spell-checking-language-dictionaries.html

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines