• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New update InDesign 2019 seems to be buggy

Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my InDesign a few days ago, and I've had nothing but trouble ever since.  When it works, it works. But all too often, it simply freezes.

I had to End Task and restart it four times yesterday to finish a rush job. Today it has started doing this again, and I've just made the decision to reinstall the last available version (which seems to be 2017; I thought we were up to 2018 but maybe not). I have too much work to do to put up with this craziness.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Is it fixable by the user or is it something Adobe will have to tackle?

I'm using Windows 10, btw.  No idea if this is happening for Mac users.  Anyone?

P.S.  Oh, yay!  It appears that 2018 is still installed and wasn't removed when I installed 2019.  Happy days!  But I'd love to use some of the new 2019 features, so I hope this gets fixed!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Download Adobe's recent "hot fix" ver. 14.0.1 (CC:2019). It corrects the hang & lag time.

Use your Creative Cloud desktop application to check for updates and install it.

More info: InDesign CC October 2018 (14.0.1) release notes

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is THANK YOU!!!! I can finally work on my project without pulling my hair out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fix. Disabling "Enable in-menu font preview" seemed to work for me. It at lease stopped the freezing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if this works for you as well. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have issues with the new InDesign too. The control panel disappears, then I can't get it back at all. When I open a file, I have to go to 'float in window' to see it. It crashes/freezes a lot.

I've taken to working back in the 2018 version until they fix it and release an update. Adobe should properly test and bug-fix before they release an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bivouac  wrote

Adobe should properly test and bug-fix before they release an update.

[tongue in cheek]

Adobe is testing it properly. All InDesign users have just been promoted to become part of their ever-growing beta testing team. How exciting is that? I feel so honoured!

All joking aside, never install a major new version of software immediately, and wait it out a bit to see if any show-stopping issues rear their ugly head. And if they do, wait for the inevitable point release.

And never, EVER switch to a new major software release when in the middle of important jobs. That is just inviting the vampire in your home for a drink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Apple came out with 10.14 short before the release! That is a curve ball. BTW, since I updated to 10.14.1 (for those on the MacOS) yesterday, some of the odd-ballness seems to be fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed INDD 2019 last night and agree that it's totally flakey.  It hung up on me 4 times today, mostly when using a file with tables.  And this was after I figured out how to fix the window size issue. I'd sure like to use the "import PDF comments to the file" option as it would make doing edits so much easier than having to go back and forth between INDD and Acrobat.  But, since I can't figure out how to make 2018 the default for opening INDD files, I have no alternative but to uninstall the 2019 version and keep using the reliable 2018 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be something with activated fonts or places images…?

Please have a look here as well: Adobe InDesign Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed InDesign CC 2019 pre-release that was posted 2 days ago. On my computer, the delayed text issue is fixed. However, if choosing a frame fitting option in the Properties panel, clicking a fitting icon does not apply the fitting choice. I can apply it by going to the Fitting dialog box and choosing an option in there, but not by clicking one of the fitting icons in the Properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Adobe's recent "hot fix" ver. 14.0.1 (CC:2019). It corrects the hang & lag time.

Use your Creative Cloud desktop application to check for updates and install it.

More info: InDesign CC October 2018 (14.0.1) release notes

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Guys,
I have done this for our business, update to Adobe indesign 2019.  The weird thing we have, is that the File menu, where styles object field is, is completely black.  So when you click on the drop down, it just shows all black. 

Anyone see this?  Its happened to about 6 computers out of 20 upgrades.  Version is 14.01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines