• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEWSPAPER LAYOUT

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having trouble removing the space below B and L... I wrapped text in order to imitate the newspaper feel (the big first letter), and I tried to move the letter but it nudged the small texts instead... can someone help me?

Moreover, whenever I upload a photo in ID, it would come out pixelated. How could I fix these two problems?

TOPICS
Experiment , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to see how you are creating the Drop Cap. I suspect you are using a separate text frame instead of the Drop Cap feature.

What is the source of the photos you are using? Are they high-resoltion captures to begin with or web images? When you Place your photo, take a look at the Effective Resolution which can be found in the link Info at the bottom of the Links panel, or you can add it as a column of information in the panel by clicking the panel hamburger menu and choosing Panel Options. What is the effective resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to use the InDesign  Drop Caps feature with a font which matches the look you want. Then you can use the Kerning feature shown circled to adjust the spacing.

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 4.43.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops, the circle doesn't appear. Kerning is the "V/A" field in the top row of the Control panel shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines