• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noto Sans TC Bold

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a multi lingual InDesign Document from Single language InDesign Files. 32 to be exact.

All files can be "Moved" into the multi lingual InDesign Document with no problem. It's the Chinese Traditional file that uses Noto Sans TC Regular and Bold that view fine in it's original single language InDesign file. But, when I attempt to move it into my multi lingual InDesign Document, it does not read and shows as "Boxes" instead of Chinese Font Characters. Help please.

Default.png

 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just informed that the translation company who created the Traditional Chinese file used an older version of the font. So, I assume I'll be ok on this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are lots of ways that a workflow like this can go wrong, so it'll be hard to guess without additional information. However, I don't recognize "move" as a way to get text into InDesign. Are you copying and pasting? Are you placing INDD files into your multilingual file? Did you use the Content Collector? Details, please.

If you are copying and pasting, then is your text still marked as Noto Sans TC in the Fonts dropdown in the target multilingual document? If I had to guess, I'd speculate that you have a paragraph style in your Trad Chinese file that is named identically to a style in your target multilingual document. If you copy text from document A with style "BodyStyle1" and paste into document B that also has a style with that exact same name, then the text is styled according to the definition in document B. 

That's just a guess, though. If my guess doesn't hit the mark, please describe exactly what you're doing in more detail, and I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines