• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbering pages in Indesign

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Como numerar suprimindo páginas - por exemplo, só as múltiplas de 5 (5, 10, 15, 20...)?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

As Uwe says, when you create a new section start in Pages flyout menu > Numbering and Section Options, you can choose its styling and appearance. A section start shows up on the Pages list with an inverted triangle above. You can double-click on the triangle to open the dialog for the section.

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 5.08.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ailton_Marques1 ,

for every new start of numbering, create a new page section with a new section start in the Pages panel.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Uwe says, when you create a new section start in Pages flyout menu > Numbering and Section Options, you can choose its styling and appearance. A section start shows up on the Pages list with an inverted triangle above. You can double-click on the triangle to open the dialog for the section.

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 5.08.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not help. I don't want two sections. I want the page I added to be number 1, and the other pages after it to be numbered in orde. How do I get rid of the new section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want two sections, I just want the pages renumbered with the inserted page as #1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide an example showing us how the document looks before you want the pages renumbered. Where does the inserted page exist (in the current document, in a different document)? Also: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GmaLaurie said: "I don't want two sections, I just want the pages renumbered with the inserted page as #1."

Hi @GmaLaurie ,

that's impossible with automatic page numbering.

For every change with automatic page numbering you need a new section.

That's how InDesign is working…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Actually, I figured out how to do it.
The first three pages did not use the A parent, so got no numbers. So
instead of choosing "start section (highlighting page four) to begin
numbering with 1, when I chose automatic page numbering, it started at the
first parent page and numbered right through! No more double page 1.

Maybe you misunderstood my problem—anyway, thanks for your reply.

GmaLaurie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every page is numbered, even if the master/parent does not have any place holder. Any page 1 which is not the first technical page of an INDD file has to start with a new section. That is how InDesign works.

For the first section, that without numbers I recommend to add a page suffix, even if it will not appear on the page or another numbering system, like roman numbers or alphabet numbers to avoid problems with the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines