Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object Export Options...

Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would anyone know an easy way to access Object Export Options found in the Object menu of InDesign using a script?

More specifically, we currently have a script with a dialogue that adds alt text to images in a document and has other features that are almost identical to the InDesign Object Export Options feature, but with slight differences.  We are trying to synchronize so that when a user adds an alt text thru our dialogue using our script, that the alt text will be changed automaticly specifically under Custom heading in the Object Export Options.

I have found a similar example, at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5688491, but not quite what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Hi Andrew,

Do you need a script that will apply Alt Text as Custom type in Object Export Options for images in a document. Please find below script which does same thing:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

myGraphics = app.activeDocument.allGraphics;

myTotalGraphics = myGraphics.length;

for(var i=0; i<myTotalGraphics; i++)

{     

myGraphics.parent.objectExportOptions.altTextSourceType = SourceType.SOURCE_CUSTOM;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Do you need a script that will apply Alt Text as Custom type in Object Export Options for images in a document. Please find below script which does same thing:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

myGraphics = app.activeDocument.allGraphics;

myTotalGraphics = myGraphics.length;

for(var i=0; i<myTotalGraphics; i++)

{     

myGraphics.parent.objectExportOptions.altTextSourceType = SourceType.SOURCE_CUSTOM;

myGraphics.parent.objectExportOptions.customAltText = "Graphic Number : " + i;

}

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help Anshul.  Yes this worked.  Slight modifications to this code, but I was able to achieved the desired behaviour.

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@AnshulJain19 In my case I want to give custom alt text from the caption which presents in the InDesign file.

every image has a different caption.

Can you help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines