Opening Documents

Participant ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set a default to...

1. The size of the document window?

2. The way the page is displayed?

I would like to reduce the width of the window and keep the width as a default. I seem to remember this being something that could be done in previous versions of ID.

Also when I open a doc, the page view doesn't show the same way as when I saved it previously. On some docs, the page is off to the right, other docs the display is zoomed in. I would like to have every doc open the same way so I don't have to move the page around and zoom in or out.

All the docs are the same page width / height so I am not sure why some open differently than others. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Do you have Application Frame turned on? When I turn that on my windows always reopen at the same size.

I don't turn it off, so if that's what you do, you'll have to ask those who work that way.

Also tell us about your operating system and version: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know they open the same position and zoom.as when closed.

Not really sure, haven't really thought about.

You could get a script and put in the startup script folder and the event listener would check opening the doc and set the zoom and position 

https://creativepro.com/custom-zoommagnification-settings-in-indesign/

I won't be at my computer this week so can't test a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Application Frame turned on? When I turn that on my windows always reopen at the same size.

I don't turn it off, so if that's what you do, you'll have to ask those who work that way.

Also tell us about your operating system and version: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - I personally hate Application Frame. I migrated from 2017/18 apps to 2024 recently because I got a new Mac. So many things that I was used to with the old apps are now all messed up. Oh well it is what it is. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines