• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening recovered documents after InDesign crash opening Terminal window

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click "Reopen" in the dialog box that appears after a crash, a terminal window opens and I can see a bunch of commands being run. Terminal stays  open after the document recovery has finished.

Is this normal behaviour? It certainly never happened before in previous versions...

running 16.1 on Mac OS 11.3.1

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this trouble. That's definitely not a typical experience with the application. To help you with this issue I would need a few more details like:

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

thanks for your reply. It's difficult to recreate the error and record a video, since I can't force the app to crash. 🙂 But I will keep it in mind, if it happens again.

If it helps, I have attached a screenshot of the terminal window from the last time this error occured. 

The behavior did not seem to be related to any specific document, but happened on at least two separate occasions.

I will keep an eye on this and will let you know if it happens again. So far everything has been running fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I have shared the screenshot with the Product team to take a look. In the meantime, please feel free to add more details if this happens again.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue with InDesign opening Terminal after crashing. It just happened to me and has happened at least 10 times over the past few onths. I have attached a txt doc of what Terminal said just now. I removed my user name and computer name from the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue did you find a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well. Terminal opnes and says it's trying to recover the InDesign doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would it be possible for you to share the information asked by @Srishti Bali earlier?

I'd recommend trying the steps suggested on this community thread & see if that makes a difference. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines