• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option or anscript to remove all sticky notes from the layout

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm using Indesign in the Woodwing environment and I'm wondering, if it's possible to remove all sticky notes with a script? Now you have to delete sticky notes manually, this feature would save some time.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely no built into InDesign. I think it would require a script. Let's see if anyone knows of one, or can create one quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JustisV,

This might be possible as I see Woodwing has some robust scripting solution for their products. Have a look at the following link

https://woodwing.github.io/enterprise-integration-guide/1068-index

If you know scripting you can explore the API's and experiment, else a more suitable place to post this question would be the Woodwing Community. See the support section on the link I gave above for more details

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this plugin installed - can you share sample INDD document? 

And also - just in case - IDML from the same file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JustisV ,

I'm not familiar with Woodwing's Sticky Notes feature described here:

https://helpcenter.woodwing.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041019032-Working-with-Sticky-Notes-in-Studio-f...

But if the "sticky notes" are build upon InDesign's own Note objects under the hood one should be able to remove them all with:

app.documents[0].stories.everyItem().notes.everyItem().remove();

Source:

https://www.indesignjs.de/extendscriptAPI/indesign-latest/#Note.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after looking again at the screenshots of Woodwing's Sticky Notes, I do not think that they are actually InDesign Note objects. InDesign Note objects are tied to text. Woodwing's Sticky Notes are not.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

It surely looks like Woodwings own implementation rather than a polished workflow kind of product on InDesign's native feature. They seem to have good support for scripting exposed for these plugins so I hope the have it for the sticky notes one as well.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

looked over Woodwing's DOM documentation for InDesign.

At first glance I cannot see support for "Sticky Notes".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I had looked at it as well and I had the same observations. However, I would want the OP to spend sometime asking about it on the Woodwing community to be sure if there is way or not.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there is no scripting support for Sticky Notes on their website - can anyone share a file for testing ? INDD and IDML ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would send an INDD or IDML file, but the Sticky Note entries disappear from the layout file, if the layout is not connected to Woodwing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright. Then with an InDesign not connected to Woodwing and the document opened and exported to IDML and opened again in the Woodwing system, wouldn't that solve your issue?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's IDML file, that was connected to Woodwing and has 4 sticky notes in it.

Screenshot below of the document:
test.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This site doesn't seem to support idml or zip files, so here's download link: https://easyupload.io/1r2lbe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like IDMLing is an answer to your problem 😉

It strips all Woodwing's notes... raw text from the IDML:

<Br />
<Content>Ratis eiur andit rendi accustrum et aut et, sim reris di volorep uditatem unt.</Content>
<Br />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to remove the WoodWing sticky notes by scripting. What you could do instead is deactivate both the sticky note anchor (blue) and the note itself with the menu command View > Deactivate Sticky Notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines