Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Package document and change to CMYK

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have finished an A5 booklet. My printer requests that I package everything from Indesign and they also want all images in CMYK. I have read several discussions and watched videos but still cannot find a way to do this. All my images are RGB. I know I can export a PDF and use this export to change the images but I have been unable to find anything similar in the package function that will also change the images. I get a warning triangle that the images are RGB but no way of changing them.

I have spoken to my printer who suggested using assign profiles but this seems to do nothing. 

Any help with this appreciated.

k

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Properly tagged implies that all your RGB images have been through Photoshop; saved with an ICC color profile; then placed in InDesign (which should also already be set to the same color settings .CSF as Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best advice I can give you is to find another printer. This is totally unnecessary.

Any modern printer would request a PDF exported to PDF/X-4 with properly tagged RGB images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thats one option. 

What do you mean by properly tagged images?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultjjp95b90a0fh , Make sure all of the linked RGB images have an embedded RGB color profile--with the image selected check the Link info panel. Also turn on Overprint preview to soft proof the RGB color in your document's assigned CMYK space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the proofing tip - thats very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, if you place an RGB image with no embedded profile, it gets the InDesign document's assigned RGB profile, and will preview and export to the PDF/X-4 preset using that assigned profile. Link Info will list the image's profile as Document RGB. The PDF/X-4 Standard forces all RGB color to include an embedded profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Properly tagged implies that all your RGB images have been through Photoshop; saved with an ICC color profile; then placed in InDesign (which should also already be set to the same color settings .CSF as Photoshop).

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Thanks.

I missed this step completely. Will remember next time.

Just dragged the images from Aperture ( yes Aperture).

I have done this before and it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines