• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Padding within text field (button and forms)

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See images below, I am making an interactive form for clients and made some text boxes as buttons using the 'buttons and forms' functionality. It works and all, but the input text seems close to the edges of the box when I download as a PDF and fill it out myself. Is there a way to add some padding within to prevent this?

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 1.28.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 1.31.19 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stick to simple hyperlinks. Not multi-state buttons, they won't work on Tablets and Smart Phones.

Make sure you have the right field spacing in InDesign. You can fine tune Fonts etc in Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment, not an option. It's pretty much a given that a client will absolutely need a desktop or laptop for working with us, so that won't be changing. I just wanted to make it look nice for when we send to clients to fill out- as an interactive PDF. I suggested just using Acrobat but she doesn't like it and had issues with clients being unable to use it in the past. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually does work on my phone too, I didn't know that but I wanted to check! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you have a website? Put a form on there. Most forms are far better suited to HTML. Way easier to manage and you don't have to worry about someone trying to fill it out in a browser.

That kind of thing would be a big red flag for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the boss lol. In my own business, sure, but I'm asking for a reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get that, but I've always felt that it's my job to advise clients on the best way to accomplish something. What you're trying to do, though very noble, is not even close to the best way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines