• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page Number and not show in epub

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My page numbers are not shown when I am exporting the epub (fixed layout) all elements on master pages did show after export epub. please help and solve this issue. 

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of offhand is that the style of the page numbers is forcing them out of visible position in the EPUB.

Check the page number style and make sure no spacing of any kind is applied to it except a line spacing proportional to the text size.

If you're up to it, examining the EPUB export itself to see if the page numbers are present in the XHTML code would be a useful check.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tanvir_Art,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what our expert has suggested, please confirm if you have images on your master pages. If so, make a new layer  - ensure it is above the layer containing your images. (This layer will appear on the master pages and all document pages) Put your page number on this top layer.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem did't solve, Your suggestion is fine but my problem is something
else. page number and any content place in master which not shown in epub
(fixed layout) file.

complete white page no layers etc.

Best Regards
Tanvir Akhtar
Graphic / 3D Designer
<Personal Info Removed By Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the pages come out correctly if you export to PDF? That should help define whether it's a problem with the document structure or the EPUB export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James!

Thank you very much for your suggestions, but its still not worked, PDF is working fine, and everything are placed but when I am exporting epub (fixed layout) all master page elements are gone nothing shown in epub when I can see the preview in books or Kndlepreview both are missing. I don't understand what's happening. 

Regards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the document, or an example that has the same flaws, I can't think of anything else. As suggested, it sounds like a layer issue, but if all your elements are on one layer, that's not likely.

It just may be a stacking issue on one layer. Do you have overlapping elements such as a background image, or page edge-flags, or the like? Try grabbing the page number frames and pulling them all the way forward (Object | Arrange | Bring to Front), and other adjustments of the content on the master pages.

If you can post a small piece of the book, or a dummy that shows the same problem, I'm sure one of us here can find the flaw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James!

I am sharing Chapter 1 of my book along with epub version for your kind review. have a look please. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't run down the reason why (maybe because I am battling a head cold today and thus running at about 50% IQ), but your Parent pages are corrupted somehow. I tried every trick to fix the problem and all failed.

But creating a new pair of Parent pages (from None) and applying dummy headers and footers worked just fine.

I think creating new pages, applying them and deleting the A set will fix the basics of the problem. One thing, though, you're using Basic Paragraph and some default Object Styles, which is bad practice. ALWAYS create new, defined styles for the styles in a document; use [Basic Paragraph] only to create the first in each style hierarchy and never modify it. Ditto for object styles — which you use on the Figures — for the header and footer frames.

Let me know if that doesn't fix the export problems. It should.

Interesting book, by the way. I recently did this fellow-shelf one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried as suggested by you, but the problem didn't solve, I don't want to engage you more in this issue, I think its something else that I can't understand. I have two paid versions 2020 and 2023 but both have the same issue. I am sharing again updated file, please review it one last time. Thanks for your time James.

Regards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're all here to help, don't worry about that. There is definitely something wrong with your file but none of the fixes I tried corrected the problem.

I just tried another method, saving the file to IDML and reopening it, which often cures a variety of document corruption problems. That didn't work, either.

Since your book is relatively small, try this: create a new file with the correct page layout, and paste the content from the first into it. This will mean some time redoing the page formatting and touching up details, but it should fix whatever broken links etc. are causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines