• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PageMaker 7.0 Cannot update embedded profile from image

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have newly installed PageMaker 7.0. When I try to save the project, I get a message:

"Cannot update embedded profile from image

C: \ catalogname \ imagename.tif

Ignore all subsequent warnings? "

How to fix it?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install on a compatible system (Windows XP or older)?

What happens if you ignore these warnings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed on Windows 10. If it ignores the warnings, the file will be saved. I haven't noticed any problems at the moment. Sometimes there are a lot of warnings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shocked you got it installed. It's 20 years old. All anyone is really going to be able to do is wish you luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pagemaker is obsolete – Install InDesign CC2019 / 2020 (assuming you have a compatible system).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can probably ignore it. It's just that you have an image that has an embedded ICC profile that PM doesn't recognize.. which will be almost any ICC profile created in recent years. If it annoys you, reopen that image in Photoshop, or whatever image program you use, and remove the profile. Alternatively, if you're not in a colour managed workflow anyway, you could probably turn Color Management off altogether. e.g. For the document you are working on, go to Preferences > Click on CMS setup > then toggle it off in the next box. Note, this would only affect the document you have open. If you want it to apply to all future documents, do the same but without a document open. Also: seriously... {cough} InDesign {cough}.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to each his/her own. if you count up the last 5 years of using obsolete, wishful thinking design programs...hmmm, let's see. let me count....hmmm, still adding it up. oh wow, there are some of us that just saved our company over $3,100 in adobe creative suite annual subscription fees. not bad...guess that's why those bonus dividend checks sitll look good at the end of the year. and it's not that we don't appreciate the expert level knowledge input offered here. yes, we understand your point! just offering an alternative point of view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a SheepShaver install of PM 6.5 and 7 that made me several hundred dollars this past year converting clients' old files. A tool is a tool, as long as it works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines