• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PageMaker 7.0

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need Polish hyphenation, where can I download?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Then you should be able to install the languages you want as a custom install. Start the install setup (don't worry, you don't need to install everything again) and when you get to the dialog that has Custom/modify (I can't remember what is says), go there and you will be given options as to what component to install. Select languages then select Polish. This will add that language accordingly 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PageMaker is finished. 15 years ago or more. There’s nothing new. InDesign replaced it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Polish hyphenation on an old computer. How do you transfer them to a new computer? Copy program folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you DO have an old installation, yes, you should be able to simply copy the language files for Polish over to the new setup. It would likely need to be the same version. What platform..PC? If so, navigate to Program Files > Adobe > PageMaker X.x > RSRC > LINGUIST > PRX on your old setup. there should be separate folders for each installed language. Copy the one for Polish to the same location on your new setup. If you're on an old System 9 Mac (which I doubt!), the folder is in the Application Folder > PageMaker X.x. > RSRC > Linguists > Proximity folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you say. Then in PageMaker options I choose "Type" -> "hyphenation", click Polish and confirm. Later I check in "hyphenation" if Polish is chosen and unfortunately it automatically changes to English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you applying this?

Remember that setting a Language only affects things created after that point, is does not automatically change any existing copy unless you select it and change the language, or edit the Style that's applied to it.

I assume you ARE using Styles?

Did you have the installation CDs for your new system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about PageMaker installer? I have the original CD and key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you should be able to install the languages you want as a custom install. Start the install setup (don't worry, you don't need to install everything again) and when you get to the dialog that has Custom/modify (I can't remember what is says), go there and you will be given options as to what component to install. Select languages then select Polish. This will add that language accordingly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download link please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No such thing (legally, anyway), and even if there was, this forum doesn't have them. Nor would Adobe; Pagemaker is long dead. If someone offers you a link, there's no assurance that it's legitimate in any way and not rife with malware or other compomises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines