• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pages with video content don't load correctly

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, I'm trying to create an online document to showcase the work of Learning Disabled Theatre Company who cannot perform during lockdown.

I'm using Adobe Indesign 2020 V15.1.1 and using pulbish online for the first time. I suspect it is something about the videos themselves - hopefully something simple - please help! 

Problem is that any page with a video on appears top left and then jumps, all other pages load correctly
I have set up a simplified version of the document with a black border so this is clear to see :
https://indd.adobe.com/view/f8285f94-65bd-4bf0-b6f0-bbc0e7a28041

And couple of screen shots of page 3 attached here.
Videos are placed from computer, size and dimensions are different in upload;
Page 2
video size = 5.6MB, dimensions 1280x720, scaled 43%, Format Flash H264 Video.
Page 3 Video Size = 31.8M, 1920x1080px, scaled 28.6%, Flash H264 Video. This also has a 'poster' image same dimensions 190kb.
Hope someone can help.
Many thanks

Andrea

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Ok. Then you should check with Firefox on Mac OS X.

Could be that this is a bug with Publish Online and the Safari browser on a Mac.

I would do a bug report at:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea,

I cannot see the issue when I view the publish online document on Firefox on Windows 10.

What's the browser you are using?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe, many thanks for taking a look. I'm using Safari on Mac OS Catalina, and think the others who have looked at it are using Mac's aswell. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Then you should check with Firefox on Mac OS X.

Could be that this is a bug with Publish Online and the Safari browser on a Mac.

I would do a bug report at:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, works fine in Firefox and on a PC - will do the bug report as you suggest.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is resolved - is it OK that publish online documents dont work on most Apple Mac devices (as most users of iphones/ipads/imacs will tend to use the browser which came with them - Safari.

I did the bug report on 20 July - and have heard nothing from this.

I contacted Adobe support via chat on 21st July and wasted 2 hours to be told to advise viewers not to use Safari!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea,

please share the link to the bug report so that others who are reading this can easily vote for fixing the bug.

What I'm not sure about: Is this an Adobe or an Apple bug?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

link is

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/40955416-publish-online...

I noticed other people seem to be having similar problems but not specified that whether or not it's an issue with Safari only.

Yes I recognise that this is a situation where it could be Adobe or Apple who need to do something to resolve but where does that leave us mere mortals ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea,

thank you for posting the link. I commented and voted for a fix.

Can you pinpoint to other threads here in the forum where this issue comes up?

Then I would suggest you add the links to the related discussions to your bug report.

And of course advertise your case in the other threads.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for us.

I wish Adobe can fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue with Safari (only AFAIK) since day 1 with Publish Online. Yes, vote and comment on the bug fix! If your user base is not entirely Mac-based, maybe best to let it go. Sorry I don't have a better answer. And as you say, the image on your page 1 works fine, because it's not a video. You can see the problem thoughout docs in this collection of Publish Online projects: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection (pg 6 of the "LA Interactive" piece, for example). And btw, would be wonderful if you can share the final product at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane, thanks for the information you shared. I'm afraid I and my client were too far down the road to abandon the publish online project, and as we work on mac's we were not aware of how poor the user experience was until too late. The finished document has been used as part of  a resource in schools - and feedback shows that it just doesn't work, that videos can only be viewed small. This was not the impactful document that we wanted to share.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/48f7e916-e9be-4444-9fad-138f588fbaea

I would not use Adobe Publish Online again. In retrospect I should have realised that the lack of publicity around it meant that Adobe were aware that it is pretty rubbish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem. I think this is an issue with how Safari is handling video and caching it before playing. Adobe should escalate to Apple imo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines