• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone colours missing

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I find certain pantone colours in Indesign swatch libraries?

Specifically 2158c from the solid coated Pantone Plus series.

How can I use this colour for my artwork when I can't even see it as an option in the swatches panel?

Thanks in anticipation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

See this thread, #7&8 have links to the new .acb libraries

Missing Pantone Coated and UnCoated Colors in InDesign 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread, #7&8 have links to the new .acb libraries

Missing Pantone Coated and UnCoated Colors in InDesign 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this advice should be pinned to the forum, having the missing colors is a nusiance.

Could Rob's advice be pinned to the top of the ID forum? i.e.:

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 06.02.17.png

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too had missing Pantone colours. Pantone Color Manager is up to date and showed the colour I needed in the Fly Out book (a Pastel, Pantone 9064C), but I just couldn't access it through inDesign. I tried all ways.... a dirty cheat, in my case was this: I could access Pantone  9064C in Illustrator, so created a new illy document, drew a circle, coloured it with Pantone 9064C, and imported that to my InDesign document. The Pantone colour came with it and placed itself into swatches. So at least I got my Pantone colour where I needed it to be, but I still don't know why I couldn't access it the way I was supposed to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each application looks to different folders for the Pantone .acb files. It sounds like your InDesign and Illustrator .acb versions are different

Check your book versions. For Illustrator it is:

/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 20XX/Presets.localized/en_US/Swatches/Color Books

InDesign:

/Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 20XX/Presets/Swatch Libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, because I was having problems, I deleted all the old Pantone books in inDesign, and reinstalled them using the up to date Pantone Color Manager (File/export/InDesign/Lab. As you can see by screengrab, my colour I need is there (Pantone 9064C) but it just never makes it to InDesign Pantone Color books, yet I can access it in Illustrator. It was very frustrating until I invented my work around.

Perhaps it won't work nicely with CS6?

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 17.47.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you look in your InDesign Presets folder to make sure the exported .acb file was actually saved there? Check its modification date:

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines