• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone Libraries

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to get a list of the new swatches that come out with each new updated color book?

For example Pantone proudly introduced another 294 new colors in September?

What were the 294 swatch colors? 

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert
TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would probably have to contact Pantone directly or purchase one of the swatch guides that shows the 294 colors added in 2019. There has not been updates to the catalog since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the new books, I am deciding if it would be more cost effecieent to buy a spectrometor and scan the NEW Pantones swatches for when the next color books come out or suscribe to Pantone connect. If I new which swatches were new I could add them myself to a library.

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you hear new colors were coming in 2022? We have the new books as well and even on the site it states that new colors were added in September 2019...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferrably (but not available) it would be great to have a paid subscription to Connect with each Book purchase. They used to do this before the subscription, but now the two are separate.

I personally would not want to enter values for 294 (or any) new swatches should they be released.

The issue also is Connect does not import/add swatches to your Adobe CC Library/Swatches panel automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is also that Pantone connect (according to rumors)  will not show spot color libraries in spot channels in photoshop  for the new colors. So as someone that works Prepress/ Printing/ Publishing I need to make my own color books .acb (tedious but I have done it for say Hexachrome and Foil Libraries) .We would deploy our own libraries along with what our printers are using. WIP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you actually printing as spot/solid colors or just want the colors for on-screen work?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines