• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph Styles applying different Font Style

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am setting up a book in Indesign using paragraph styles. My 'body text' paragraph style is set to Minion Variable Concept, Font Style Regular, Font size 12. However, whenever I apply 'body text' to a paragraph, it changes the style from 'Regular' to 'Semibold' or doesn't change anything. Below you can see the text selected shows up as 'body text' for the normal paragraph and the semi-bold paragraph. However, the 'clear formatting' option doesn't seem to be available. Highlighting manual overrides suggests that semibold is the set paragraph style, but the 'body text' style clearly shows it to be Regular text (not Semibold). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

bodytext1.JPGbodytext2.JPGbodytext3.JPGbodytext4.JPG

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you perhaps have a Character Style applied that you are not aware of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Nested Styles. It looks like the Semibold is a character style that is applied up to the first period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nested styles was a really good idea (Thank you for the suggestion). Unfortunately, there aren't any nested styles applied nested.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about GREP Styles (under the nested styles)?

How about the character panel?

You can also show the overrides by clicking the [a+] in the Paragraph Panel.

Or can you share a sample file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hold down Option and then click the style, does it clear the override?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows so I tried pressing the 'Alt' key while the text was selected and pressing the style in the paragraph styles window. Unfortunately, it still seems to be glitching and reset the selected text to a previous style... I'm honestly just confused at this point lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines