• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parent page text frame options not applying across all pages

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 28 page document. I set up the pages and the parent pages prior to importing the word document. The Parent page is applied to page 6 onwards. No Parent page is applied to pages 1-5. The Text Frame options on the parent page have Inset Spacing applied. When I Place my word document the inset spacing does not apply to any of the pages. 

Other elements on the Parent page do apply as expected (page number and header). Why do my text object options not apply across all pages linked to the Parent page? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do what you want to do, you should create a Primary Text Frame. Here are a couple sources of information how to do that:

https://creativepro.com/indesign-basics-primary-text-frames/

https://www.agitraining.com/design-news/indesign-training-news/indesign-primary-text-frames/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer to why it's not working now:

There are two main differences between Primary Text Frames and normal, non-primary text frames:

1. On a document page, when a master with a primary text frame is applied, you don’t have to override the primary text frame to type or paste text into the frame.
  2. When a master page with a primary text frame is applied to a document page, the story in the primary text frame automatically flows into the primary text frame of the new master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw this: A link about how to createi Primary Text Frames after the document is already created:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/enabling-primary-text-frame-after-document-creat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Aron32765378zjbm  Thank you for reaching out to us. Please try the suggestions shared by Steve, and if the issue persists, then please share a sample file for testing purposes.

Regards,
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines