• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste and match style

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know what happened to "Paste and match style" in the Mac version of InDesign 2021???  It seems to have disappeared from the Edit drop-down after the last Creative Cloud update recently!  Is there something else I can use?  Usually I'll copy text from some other program to paste into a text box that I had already formatted in InDesign by using "Paste and match style" which was such a time-saver!  If there isn't another way to do this function, this is really tragic!!!  I Googled to see what I could find but some sites are saying to use the Eyedropper tool, but mine is only for color!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Paste and Match Style is an Apple thing not an Adobe thing.

You might be talking about Paste without Formatting

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/adding-text-frames.html

Paste text from another application

• To preserve formatting and information such as styles and index markers, open the Clipboard Handling section of the Preferences dialog box, and select All Information under Paste. To remove these items and other formatting when pasting, select Text Only.
  • Cut or copy text in another application or in an InDesign document.
  • If you like, select text or click in a text frame. Otherwise, the text will be pasted into its own new frame.
  • Do one of the following:

• Choose Edit > Paste. If the pasted text doesn’t include all the formatting, you may need to change settings in the Import Options dialog box for RTF documents.

• Choose Edit > Paste Without Formatting. (Paste Without Formatting is dimmed if you paste text from another application when Text Only is selected in Clipboard Handling Preferences.)

The Eyedropper

The other thing is - double click your eyedropper tool and you'll have options to pick what the colour eye dropper can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah!  I went to Preferences, selected Clipboard Handling, and under Paste I selected Text Only and it worked!  So now all I have to do is simply copy text from a different program and paste into a text box in InDesign and the style automatically becomes to how I had pre-formatted it!  I do prefer "Paste and match style" in the Edit drop-down, but this is a great next-best-thing.  Thank you so much for your help, Eugene!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Susan,

you could try a script for InDesign written by Marc Autret that is able to read out styles like "Bold", "Italic" and "Bold Italic" from the text in the clipboard, will use the target paragraph style of text you like to paste to and applies the styles "Bold", "Italic" and "Bold Italic" where necessary. Othet styles could be configured as well.

RichPaste | Copy and Paste with Minimal Formatting [UPDATE]
Marc Autret, April 06, 2016
https://www.indiscripts.com/post/2015/10/richpaste-copy-and-paste-with-minimal-formatting

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines