Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF document size for iPad

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not where to ask this question, I've done a lot of googling and haven't found any consistent information.  I'm wanting to create a digital planner/PDF in InDesign that is to be used on an ipad (mainly in goodnotes). What size document I should create? I know all ipads are different sizes, but surely there is some universal size that I should create the document.

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just googled Goodnotes page sizes

What are the page dimensions of built-in GoodNotes templates?
Template Name Dimensions (Pixels) Dimensions (Inches)
GoodNotes Standard (*) 455.04 x 588.45 6.32" x 8.17"

I don't know if that's the right answer, I don't use Goodnotes and I don't have an iPad.

If you do - you could try several different page sizes. But there are different size iPads too, so I don't know if there's a one size fits all situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF may not be the best format for a planner that has to be completed on an iPad. A web form might be a better choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. There is not a universal size and PDFs are not responsive. Honestly, between the poor performance of third party and mobile PDF reader apps (including Acrobat) I would discourage you from even attempting this project.

There are scores of planner apps out there. Why bang your head against a wall with something that is not at all likely to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your replies. I will create it at 8.5 x 11 inches as that seems to be the largest size for ipad users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines