• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pencil tool won't draw short lines

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to do rough sketches using the pencil tool in InDesign and a wacom tablet. I'm aware this is an unusual use-case, but it has been part of my workflow for over ten years. The last few versions of ID something seems to have changed, and when I try to draw a very short line with the pencil, it doesn't draw anything. It's as if there is a minimum distance the stylus must travel before ID can calculate a vector -- but this is a new(ish) behavior, and it's not a preference I can find/change anywhere in the interface. Does anyone have insight into this issue? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My first thought is the obvious: update the Wacom driver and any associated ones, just to make sure. Then look into the tablet settings, possibly fairly deep ones, to increase the sensitivity and resulting stroke input to match what ID expects.

After that, all I can think of is the clumsy approach (especially for sketching) of drawing the line longer, then grabbing a point and pulling it short again.

I really think there's a driver/config fix, even if Wacom has to make it to accommodate a change in ID.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines