After a complete reinstall (not copying over preferences from backups) of everything on my Mac mini M1 with 16 GB RAM on Monterey 12.0.1, these are the top 5 issues I still experience with InDesign 17.0 that daily get in the way of productivity and creativity:
1) Beachball during TimeMachine backups [MacOS 11 and 12; CC2021/CC2022];
2) Dissapearing text [MacOS 12; CC2021/CC2022]
3) Quiting while Mac sleeps ("fixed" by turning off "Put hard disk to sleep when possible") [MacOS 12; CC2022];
4) Image pixelation even when Display Performance is set to High Quality Display [MacOS 12; CC2022];
5) Randomly not booting into my custom Workspace [for at least 3 years];
6) Slow to load or hangs when flipping back to InDesign [MacOS 12; CC2022].
You cannot reinstall or install any Adobe program from an backup like tima machine. It will always cause massive problems. If you have done it, you have to uninstall ALL Adobe prgrams (ALL, not only those with problems) and run Adobe’s clean up script, which is available on the Adobe Server.
Then you can install all applications from the original installer. This is specially very important with a computer with a different processor as you have. A different processor requires different components and does not need others. The installer will detect which version is compatible.