• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Phantom horizontal lines

Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm seeing phantom horizontal lines in my InDesign document. All of my grids and guidelines are shut off. These lines aren't appearing on every page, and they're not appearing on every graphic. These lines only appear on some pages, and on some graphics. On some pages, the graphics are grouped with other objects, and when I try to ungroup these objects, the page creates "multiple" (?) pages and then instantly crashes InDesign. I can't keep the document open long enough when this happens to figure out what's going on. So for now, I've left ungrouping alone. 

When I resize the graphics and make it smaller, the lines will get tighter together, and when I make the object bigger, the lines will get farther apart. So it appears that the lines are moving with the graphic. I've tried replacing the graphic with something else, but the lines still show up.

I'm also unable to trash my preferences via the shortcut, which I used to be able to. I also can't find a way to trash the preferences manually. When I follow the steps to manually trash preferences via the steps on Google, I get a dialog box that only lets me set my preferences for hidden files, but it doesn't let me search for them.

I appreciate any ideas, thanks! 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to preferences and turn off gpu performance. See if it makes a difference.

There is a known bug about this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Eugene's suggestion doesn't work please post screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> I also can't find a way to trash the preferences manually

Try this - https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/troubleshooting-weird-indesign-problems-101-error-new/m-p/11...

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We have launched Adobe InDesign 16.4 recently with multiple bug fixes and performance improvement. Please update your app to the latest version.

I'd also recommend checking out this community post & follow the suggestions here to improve the app's performance. I hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines