• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Phantom pages in InDesign doc

Contributor ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to Screen Shot 01 which shows that the document in question ends appropriately at page 45.

Screen Shot 02, however, shows pages 46 and 47 exist (and, if I scroll down, I find that pages 48 and 49 also exist).

How do I remove 46 - 49?

Thanks in advance !

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have section breaks? Did you set the page numbering to start at something other than 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Preferences/Type, is the Smart Text reflow on? Turn it off, then delete the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very simple answer here is that you can usually delete any page, including the blanks that often show up at the end as a document is developed or edited, by deleting them in the Pages panel. Select page(s), click the trash can icon, tell it to go ahead.

If they won't delete or stay deleted, see the prior answers and/or delete any trailing content you don't want.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file in question does not have any other sections, page numbering starts at 1, and Smart Text reflow is off.

What I noticed, however, was that the bottom of the Pages/Links window that I had open on the lefthand side of the screen appeared to run on below the bottom edge of the monitor, leading me to think that there were, in fact, thumbnails for pages 46-49 in the window but that I just could not get at them. So I closed the Pages/Links window, reopened it, found that its bottom was now aligned with the bottom edge of the monitor and that I could now scroll down to the bottom of the thumbnails where I found 46-49. I selected those thumbnails as per standard OP, dragged them to the Trash Can, and they are gone gone gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines