• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pink Screen in InDesign

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting to be annoying. Whenever I'm working in InDesign, if I pause my work for a period of time, the screen either goes to gray and then to pink. I can't see a thing. I'm continually having to quit out of InDesign and reopen if I want to continue working on a document. Any ideas why this is happening?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to have your system and hardware specifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Sonoma 14.2.1

40" LG Ultrawide Monitor running at 5120x2160

InDesign 2024

Mac Studio Pro M1 10/32 w/64Gb RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to the latest version of Sonoma, macOS 14.4. 14.3 fixed InDesign screen issues for many users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know there was an update. I will do that now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating OS did not help. If I stop working and step away from my desk, when I come back it's all gray and then if I'm away longer the screen is entirely pink. It's very irritating. I continually have to quit of and reopen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?
Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences back to the factory defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eric24088433ssya 

ONLY InDesign is affected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, only INDESIGN; I have a 2023 MacPro, totally maxed with RAM and a full Terabyte of hard disk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also using a 2023 Apple 27 and a cheap Dell, doesn't appear to do on the dell. But I don't work on that monitor as color is not trust worthy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.. InDesign pink screen, continually quitting out to fix. Did you manage to resolve the issue? 
Am running latest OS 14.4.1 and latest InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.. InDesign pink screen, continually quitting out to fix. Did you manage to resolve the issue? 
Am running latest OS 14.4.1 and latest InDesign

By @Stephen33645263lfvf

Does it involve an external monitor? Just to have an idea about your setup.

Also, just in case: I assume you went through the standard troubleshooting steps:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

I also assume you tried to toggle GPU Performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. In addition to the details shared by Leo can you also confirm if you're experiencing the issue on any other Adobe application or just InDesign?

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same thing happening. I've updated system software and Adobe software to try and see if they're fixed it but no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same thing happening. I've updated system software and Adobe software to try and see if they're fixed it but no joy.

By @k9k

What are your exact versions of InDesign and the operating system? Also, does it involve an external monitor and did you try the troubleshooting steps mentioned above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines