• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinning panels

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why aren't my panels pinning to the side?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to see any problems in your video. How would you like the panels to behave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To pin onto the side and not be part of the document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To pin onto the side and not be part of the document

By @Hendy374084080dng

Did you use the detailed instructions on how to do this posted by several other members? (Frankly, I wasn't even aware of this as I don't use apllication frame.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag a panel until you see a blue line on the anchoring element (other panel, work area edge, etc.) Let go; the panel should dock there.

Drop other panels into that one for tabbed docking.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key to docking in the Creative Cloud applications, including InDesign, is to watch where the tip of the arrow is. You are not getting the blue vertical line when you drag the right set of panels to the left side panels because your cursor isn't going far enough to the left. It doesn't matter where the panel is, it matters where the cursor is. 

Yes, you do want to watch for the blue line, but you need to get the cursor to touch what you're docking to. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good, er, pointing point. I guess I think of it as being a fairly well-designed self-teaching aspect, but maybe it's too cryptic to just "get."

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<geek>

By the way, that blue glowing color is officially called "the drop zone" but it used to be named "the landing zone" in past versions.

</geek>

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a visual learner, I normally post a screen shot or short video to illustrate my answers, hoping to help the other visual learners out there. I was out of the office last week celebrating the arrival of my newest grandchild so wasn't able to, but Mike's reply reminded me.

Here is a video, @Hendy374084080dng of my cursor hitting the blue Drop Zone. 

Thanks, @Mike Witherell! Both terms were new to me! 😊

~Barb

2024-06-26_08-38-47 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines