• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plötzlich Fehlermeldung beim Lesen von verknüpften TIFF-Bildern

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich bekomme folgende Fehlermeldung (im Anhang), wenn ich eine "alte" Datei öffne. Die "alte" Datei ist allerdings 2 Wochen alt und die Bilder wurden zuvor in einem Printmagazin von mir reingezeichnet und korrekt produziert – wie ich es seit über 7 Jahren tue.

Es handelt sich bei der Meldung nicht um ein Bild oder zwei. Bei ALLEN bekomme ich die Meldung sie wären fehlerhaft und ich sollte sie umspeichern und neu laden! Wenn ich über "Anzeige" - "Anzeigeleistung" - "normale Anzeige" auswähle, werden mir die Bilder zumindest verpixelt angezeigt. Möchte ich aber die hohe Anzeige auswählen, kommt die Meldung zurück und ich kann buchstäblich nicht mehr im Programm weiterarbeiten, da das Pop-Up für JEDES einzelne Bild im Magazin aufpoppt. Wenn ich die 65 mal auf "ok" klicke, wird mir nur ein weißer Frame ohne Inhalt angezeigt. 

Wurde hier beim Update eine Einstellung nicht übernommen an die ich gerade nicht denke oder wie kann ich diesen Fehler beheben?

Danke im Voraus!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Okay.. it looks like I could fix the problem. 

Systemsettings - Datasecurity & Safety - Data & Files - Indesign -> and then allowing the access

in german: Systemeinstellungen - Datenschutz & Sicherheit - Dateien und Ordner - InDesign -> und dann den Zugriff erlauben

Thank you for the hints! Have a nice weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich würde es tatsächlich als neues PSD oder TIFF speichern und ersetzen. Das geht für hunderte Bilder in der Stapelverarbeitung in einem Schritt und in den HILFSPROGRAMMEN kannst du die auch mit einem Klick ersetzen.

Ich selbst bevorzuge PSD über TIFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das müsste ich jetzt mit jeder einzelnen Indesign-Datei machen?! Auch mit anderen Jobs kommt das Problem auf. Alle meine Bilder wären plötzlich fehlerhaft?! Das bezweifle ich, da all dieses Bildmaterial (.tifs und .psds) schon produziert wurde und seit der Produktion nichts mehr daran geändert wurde.

Meine Vermutung ist, dass da eine Einstellung beim updaten verloren ging. Ich finde sie nur nicht. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you associate this error with an InDesign and/or system update? What are your exact versions of InDesign/OS? If you're using InDesign 2024, will you get the same error in 2023 (you can download it from CC app if needed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response. I had to finish a project first, before I could run more tests. 
I´m on Ventura 13.6.5 and the problem is occuring in both updated InDesign-Versions: in 2024 as well as 2023. Before the InDesign-Updates I didn´t have that problem.  

I can not open a file which I just designed four weeks before. So I guess there might be a setting that changed with updating. But I didn´t figure out which one this should be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> and the problem is occuring in both updated InDesign-Versions: in 2024 as well as 2023. Before the InDesign-Updates I didn´t have that problem. 

Can you clarify this... Does it mean that the problem didn't happen in InDesign 2022 (until you updated to 2023)? Or that the problem didn't happen until the latest 2023 update (18.5.x)? If it's the latter, than will the problem go away if you downgrade to 18.4 (you can do this from the CC app)?

Also, can you translate the actual error message:

leor_0-1711028423224.png

And also, where the images are stored? Are they stored on a separate drive and if so then what kind of drive is that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello... the images are stored on my macbook pro internal drive. Not on an external drive. 

The error message says: 

» Error while reading the Tiff-image. The image is possibly damaged or incompatible. Save the image with different setting and try again. «

This is the first time I have this error coming up. With pictures I simply saved as .tif-image... like i do it for years already withou any problems until now. 

Regarding the versions of InDesign: The problem didn´t happen until the latest 2023 update. I was already working with the previous InDesign-version of 2023 and didn´t have any issues with the pictures. I will try to downgrade and let you know in a few minutes... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I downgraded now and tried with several Versions. And I tried also with different files from different clients. The error stays. 

Does it make sense to deinstall the CC and install new? I have no idea, why this is occuring, as I didn´t change my procedure in saving images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw: I updated again to the recent Versions and now it is even not working anymore with a file I finished this morning for the printing process. I have a feeling there is an error in finding the correkt path/link where all the pictures are saved. Is this a possibility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw: I updated again to the recent Versions and now it is even not working anymore with a file I finished this morning for the printing process. I have a feeling there is an error in finding the correkt path/link where all the pictures are saved. Is this a possibility?

By @stefaniee26877224

Can you share your TIFF file?

So we can check on different machines...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think it is about the files themselves. But attached you will find one of them. The problem is occuring with ALL pictures. I have more the feeling InDesign doesn´t find the correct path to the folder where all the picture have been saved and still are. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stefaniee26877224 

Placed without any error messages:

RobertTkaczyk_0-1711056683369.png

Windows 10, InDiesgn 19..3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not about importing and placing the pics. My problem is, that existing InDesign-files (in which all the pictures are already inside and ready to print) show the error that i mentioned in my post above. And this is the case since the updates to the recent version of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stefaniee26877224 

Maybe your access rights to specific folders changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on my own MacBook Pro, directly on my hard drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on my own MacBook Pro, directly on my hard drive. 

By @stefaniee26877224

Ok. But there were posts from people having problems - and it turned out that after OS update - or InDesign - their access rights to some folders changed. 

Maybe you have this error message because, InDesign can't create temporary files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the hint. I checked with cmd+i and my access looks normal–of the folder where the pictures are saved and as well each picture itself. Or do I have to check elsewhere as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.. it looks like I could fix the problem. 

Systemsettings - Datasecurity & Safety - Data & Files - Indesign -> and then allowing the access

in german: Systemeinstellungen - Datenschutz & Sicherheit - Dateien und Ordner - InDesign -> und dann den Zugriff erlauben

Thank you for the hints! Have a nice weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stefaniee26877224

Always happy to help. 

Sorry for only hints but I'm not Mac user. 

Have a nice weekend as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to see the problem was solved. @Robert at ID-Tasker pointed to the right direction, which resulted in a solution that wasn't easy to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some other threads where users suddenly start experiencing the same issue, for example:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/error-encountered-while-reading-tiff-image/td-p/...

I think you indeed should try to re-install as well as doing the standard troubleshooting steps:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Also, try to create a clean new user account in System Settings and run InDesign there - will it make a difference?

If all fails, we'll probably need to look closer into the TIFF files themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines