• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing multiple photos in a grid - addind grid columns and row

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, On Adobe's site https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/placing-graphics.html#place_multiple_graphics  

it says "To import all the loaded graphics in a grid, start dragging, and press the arrow keys to determine the number of rows and columns. Use the Up Arrow key and Down Arrow key to change the number of rows and the Left Arrow key and Right Arrow key to change the number of columns. Release the mouse button to place the grid of images."

I have done exactly this several times, but it does not allow me to add rows and columns in this manner (yes, I continued to hold down the mouse button while using the arrow keys). Is there an issue?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you selecting multiple images when you File > Place? I have also included a short video of the steps.

Hope that helps.

Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is exactly what I did, but I does not allow me to add rows and columns (only will do one column, and then adds more frames on the diagonal of that). The video quality is bad, I can't see what is being done the panel on the right in the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.. If you need, click on the youtube logo and you can see the video on youtube in HD. Nothing is being done in any panels. Simply selecting multiple items and then pressing up arrow and right. 

Hmmm....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but like I said, I am doing exactly what is shown and noted on the Adobe site, but it will only add one column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just taking a stab here. Is there any chance that you assigned the arrow keys to other shortcuts in InDesign. Go to Edit > Keyboard shortcuts and make sure that the default shortcut set is chosen to be sure. Try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but the keyboard shortcuts are already on Default.

I am on a PC, Windows 10. Is there any known issue with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I use it all the time. If you have an object on the page (it can be anything), select it with the selection tool and tap your arrow keys. Do they nudge the object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but the arrow keys work fine in moving other objects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, one final thought. Are you pressing and holding the arrow keys? That will only give you one column or row. You need to repeatedly tap the arrow keys to add columns and/or rows while holding down the mouse button and dragging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am doing exactly as it instructs online, and repeatedly tap the arrows, it does not work. Makes only 2 columns and then starts placing on the bottom right of the grad at a diagonal. Again, I am on a PC, Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same problem - can't make more than one column or row while placing images.

Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines