Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playing cards

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have made a template with bleed and cropmarks for a client who wants to complete himself the final document to print 400 playing cards with differents questions. He has try Word but the size didn't fit, so now he works with Canva and my .JPG model (3,5 x 2,5 in) 300 dpi. But the size doesn't fit anymore after she save .pdf. It is always bigger. 

I am not sure how I can fit it all in InDesign after I received these files. Should I resize them all?

Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to create a page that's the desired print size, with bleeds, etc.

If that size is proportional to the image layouts, you should be able to lay each image in a document page, with or without some scaling.

Ideally, the images should be exactly the size and resolution for printing — that is, at 3.5 inches, the image should be 1050 pixels wide (by 750 pixels high), plus another 40 or so pixels all around for a nominally 1/8-inch bleed. But if they are of sufficient resolution, scaling them a little to fit that page size plus bleed will be managed in the output to PDF for printing.

The export should not be changing the size in any way. The document page size should be exported to the PDF page size exactly, 1:1.

Does that address your question?

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will try, I wish I could place and resize all the documents in one shot.
😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a 'perfect' frame for one image/page, and save it as an Object Style. Apply that style to the parent page frame and every page frame, and you'll find the job mostly done for you. All you might have to do is hit Ctrl-Alt-Shift-E to fit the image file proportionally, and if the frame is the exact size, you're done.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the size checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printers marks add to the media size of the PDF. Are you sure that isn't what your client is seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's even bigger than tht so no I don't thick so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What size is the PDF if you check the document properties? Is it being printed at actual size or scaled to fit the print area, and is it the listed PDF size or a measured print that seems to be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines