Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plusieurs tables différentes dans InDesign CS5

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Dans un livre que je suis en train de composer, je souhaite créer une table des illustrations, une table des personnalités interviewées et la table des matières classique. InDesign semble ne mémoriser qu'une seule table, même s'il accepte d'en créer plusieurs lorsqu'on modifie les paramètres dans le dialogue correspondant. Est-il possible de lui faire gérer plusieurs tables à la fois (mémorisation du fait qu'il y en a plusieurs, notamment pour les mises à jour) ?

Je reste ouvert aux questions, au cas où je en serais pas clair. Merci d'avance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Short of doing your table of illustrations and table of interviewed subjects manually, you can create separate "tables of contents" that identify disparate elements within your book. You simply have to use different paragraph styles (by name, not necessarily by type specification) to identify the elements you want to distinguish for each "table of contents."

1i.jpg

Please let me explain. Since you define ToC entries by paragraph style, you can define different tables of contents by identifying dif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

I think you're on the right track.

As for "hiding" the last name/first name notations, I think I would try to hide them "in space" e.g. put them inside the spacing you may use for your "Interview with" headers your text thread.

For example, if your headers have a space before/space after specification before the text of the interview follows, change that "Interview with Franck Sinatra" header from, say, a space after of 4 points to a space after notation of 0 points and a following paragraph

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short of doing your table of illustrations and table of interviewed subjects manually, you can create separate "tables of contents" that identify disparate elements within your book. You simply have to use different paragraph styles (by name, not necessarily by type specification) to identify the elements you want to distinguish for each "table of contents."

1i.jpg

Please let me explain. Since you define ToC entries by paragraph style, you can define different tables of contents by identifying different styles. Even if, say, the subjects interviewed are listed with no typographic distinction from the body text, identifying the paragraph where they are first cited with a duplicate style named "Body Text for Subjects ToC" lets InDesign discern those unique styles and generate a separate table of contents for them. Similarly, if you use captions to describe the illustrations, defining a custom style named "Captions for Illustrations ToC", if needed, lets you call out the unique captions for building your table of illustrations.

A couple of important things:

Thing 1 — Make sure that the check box for Replace Existing Table of Contents is not selected.

I would suggest that you never want to replace an existing ToC, rather you would want to massage/format an updated ToC, then remove the old one and replace it with your updated version. This takes a couple of extra steps, but helps maintain your document the way you want it. When running multiple ToCs, as you would with your use case, this is vital to preventing rude surprises.

Thing 2 — This workflow will generate an entire paragraph of text for each ToC entry. Like it always has. If you've created a separate paragraph/header for each subject interviewed, or a separate paragraph for each illustration title, that should be no big deal. But if those vital capsule descriptions are buried in long paragraph/captions with further information you don't want int the table, you'll have the edit/revise them down for each offending entry after generating the ToC. Not perfect, but still likely much better than having to find/compose/build the separate tables manually.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci de cette réponse rapide. J'avais bien créé autant de styles que nécessaire, aussi bien pour les paragraphes destinés à être listés que pour les différents niveaux de chaque table des matières. Mais, en effet, je n'avais pas noté la case "Remplacer la table des matières existante". Et j'ai bien compris que la mise à jour doit être manuelle, en supprimant puis en re-créant celle qui doit être modifiée.

Et j'ai trouvé comment enregistrer tous les paramètres d'une table des matières donnée : le bouton "Enregistrer le style...", qui n'est pas évident, car on ne penserait jamais qu'il permet de garder tous les pramètres (nom de ToC, liste des styles, numéros de page etc.). 

Merci beaucoup, et meilleurs vœux pour 2022.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was absolutely my pleasure to lend a hand.The replace existing ToC check box is the default option, and if you ask me, a faulty one. But those decisions are made at much higher levels than mine, and thankfully that default can be changed at the document level. So it's a minor bother, but nothing that can'te be corrected once you know the right switch to flip.

Good luck with your book project. If you have any issues with InDesign — or heck, any Adobe application — don't hesitate to come back here and sound the alarm. There are lots of sharp folks around here happy to help you past the issue.

Can I ask a favor of you? If the answer I gave you answered your question, could you please mark it as the correct answer? This alerts the moderators to archive it and provide it in the "Related Conversations" section in the upper left of this thread for people who may have similar issues. This helps us help others who encounter similar challenges.

Glad I could help,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai validé le bouton "correct answer".

Pour la table des entretiens, chaque titre est "Entretien avec" suivi du nom de la personne : Entretien avec Elvis Presley, Entretien avec Franck Sinatra, etc. 🙂

Or, dans ma ToC, je souhait ne garder que le nom et le prénom de la personne : Presley Elvis, Sinatra Franck... pour les trier par ordre alphabétique (j'ai trouvé la case).

La seule méthode que j'ai trouvée est de créer des paragraphes avec ce contenu, et de les cacher avec une taille minimale (0,1 pt) et de couleur blanche. Mais cela modifie très légèrement l'alignement des lignes de texte avec la page en vis-à-vis et avec celle du verso (en français on appelle cela le registre, je ne connais pas la traduction en anglais).

Auriez-vous une meilleure astuce (peut-être faut-il ouvrir un autre sujet ?)

Merci d'avance

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're on the right track.

As for "hiding" the last name/first name notations, I think I would try to hide them "in space" e.g. put them inside the spacing you may use for your "Interview with" headers your text thread.

For example, if your headers have a space before/space after specification before the text of the interview follows, change that "Interview with Franck Sinatra" header from, say, a space after of 4 points to a space after notation of 0 points and a following paragraph of 0.1 points over 4 points leading to contain your reversed type containing "Sinatra, Franck" to build your separate Table of Interviews.

It would still be there, but there'd be no evidence of the crime with uneven alignment. It would instead be hidden in the space you use to maintain your leading grid.

Hope this is helpful to you,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oui, excellent conseil : j'ai réduit l'espace après de 0,1 pt dans le titre "Entretien avec...", ce qui annule la place prise par le texte caché. Merci beaucoup.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines