• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PostScript Font Replacements

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a small publishing company assisting with layout, and we are getting ready to transition away from PostScript fonts. We have used Minion for years for our longer text blocks due to its readability. Although I realize there are similar options available such as Minion 3 and Minion Pro, I have not seen small caps and oldstyle figures available for these fonts. We are interested in replacing the body text for our nonfiction books but would also like to avoid something with elaborate serifs or other elements that could distract the reader. I have looked around Adobe fonts and Fontspring for serif fonts, but the small caps/oldstyle figures version tends to be left out in fonts like Adobe Jenson, Chaparral, and Caslon.

Could we get some suggested serif font families for our body text that include small caps and oldstyle figures? 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022
Minion Pro, IIRC, has small caps and old style figures built in. Remember that with Opentype you do not need separate fonts for these features.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minion Pro, IIRC, has small caps and old style figures built in. Remember that with Opentype you do not need separate fonts for these features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minion Pro (and other Pro OT fonts) includes small caps, and both lining and tabular figures in both proportional and oldstyle. Many non-adobe fonts will include  them as well. Check the glyph sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just double checked and not only that there's 65 different styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although Minion Pro has small caps and old style characters within it's set, you will still need to some replacement when making the transition from T1 to opentype. And this could be as easy as changing styles or search and replace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines