• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prefix ID Registration Web Page Missing

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anybody know where the prefix registration web page has move to.

if I go to http://www.adobe.com/devnet/indesign/prefix_reg.html and clicking on the link 'Register an InDesign Prefix ID' it takes me back to the main partners screen.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

While we are looking to move to an automated solution, I wanted to provide more details on the best process until the automated solution is in place, that was passed to me by the team.

Best,

Jonathan

InDesign ID registration

Prefix ID Registration and Script ID/Name Registration

For Adobe® InDesign™ plug-ins that you develop, you'll need a range of unique IDs to use in identifying the plug-ins and their elements. We'll assign you a hexadecimal prefix that has 256 possible offsets. This assigned prefi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is currently not available online, you need to send your request via email to Adobe and they will create the required ID's for you.

Please write at technologypartners(at)adobe.com

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we are looking to move to an automated solution, I wanted to provide more details on the best process until the automated solution is in place, that was passed to me by the team.

Best,

Jonathan

InDesign ID registration

Prefix ID Registration and Script ID/Name Registration

For Adobe® InDesign™ plug-ins that you develop, you'll need a range of unique IDs to use in identifying the plug-ins and their elements. We'll assign you a hexadecimal prefix that has 256 possible offsets. This assigned prefix ID range does not identify you as a developer, but is only a way for Adobe InDesign to catalog each plug-in and all its associated objects by unique ID numbers.

To request a new Prefix ID please send the following information to wwds@adobe.com:

Your name:

Your company:

Your Adobe ID:

Purpose of the Prefix:

Script ID/Name Registration

It is required that all newly registered script ID/Name pairs be unique. If you provide a script ID and/or name that has already been registered, we will give you two alternate choices to use.

To register new script ID/Name pairs, please send the following information to wwds@adobe.com:

Your name:

Your company:

Your Adobe ID:

List of scriptID/Name pairs to be registered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Since this is a old post so just wanted to confirm if the automated solution is already in place to get the prefix ID? Or should I follow the steps you have mentioned in your reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 15th February 2018 this was still a manual process, and confirmed as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jonathan,

Any updates on an automated process?

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

I will ask the InDesign team and request they respond.

Regards,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jonathan,

I used the email address and got a very quick reply with a new prefix code.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please can we have an automated way to do this.

Thank you.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines