• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presentation mode (Shift+W) issue on new MacBook Pro 16"

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just came across this issue with Presentation Mode in InDesign 2020 on new Macbook Pro 16". It happens with GPU Performance enabled... 

Moreover, I don't think it's a hardware issue since the Apple Store gave me a new laptop and the problem is still there.

Any help? Nice glitchy effect by the way!

Thank you

Nino

1.jpg2.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This issue has been reported to our Engineering team and they are working on it.
Right now, only solution is to disable the GPU Performance under Preferences.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrey,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. Please disable the GPU Performance under Preferences as suggested by Ashutosh. I will pass on your feedback to our Product team and you can do that too by upvoting this request and sharing your comments here https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/38791729-presentation-m...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AR7,

I'm having the same issue on a new Macbook Pro out of the box and the latest InDesign 2020.

Hope that Adobe's team solves it quickly.

Regards 🙂

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU performance problems have been an issue for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, got same problem over here. Plus I got some issues with Photoshop: When moving around in a picture, it's extremely shaky. I got my new macbook pro 16" replaced, too. Problems remaining with the new model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have some issues even with the Premiere and After Effects preview...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same answer for you as everyone else. Turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, Any help Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you even bother to read the responses? Nothing's changed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling gpu accelaration did not work for me though. Still the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your preferences showing that it's disabled and the screen in presentation mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video showing that it appears, even though the auto graphic cards switching is turned off. Furthermore these "glitch effects" do appear in my animations, rendered/exported in After Effects. I need my graphics to be rendered soon and I already tried rendering in different formats and codecs. There are no issues in the AE preview window, though. Please provide a solution asap, as I have to reach my deadlines. 

Link to video in my google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V4eUYlt08T6aAFGiYVkWULMfvzrSVdkc 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a bad video card, video driver or even a bad cable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think so, as this is my second mpb 16", because I got the first one (wich had the same problems) replaced, thinking it might be a faulty gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines