Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print booklet A5 portrait on A4 landscape

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I've tried to find a solution in all the discussions here but haven't found one that suits me. I have Indesign 2023. I have a document with about 40 pages, A5 portrait. I want to print these as a booklet on landscape A4 double-sided. Unfortunately, every other page turns upside down. If I export to PDF and print as booklet and portrait doublesided, it will be correct, but the images will be a little smaller on the right and bottom if I compare to printing directly from Indesign. I miss the function flip page on vertically in Indesign.
Kind Regards
Edvard

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

When you use print booklet you need to select the printer, then choose setup or print setup or Printer (the name on the button will vary by OS) and enter the printer driver dialog to set the page flip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page flip is a printer driver function...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so how can I solve so every second page is not upside down when I print from Indesign, booklet?

Kind Regards

Edvard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have run into this issue, I have bypassed InDesign's Print Booklet menu, and instead used the the regular print command, and the printer driver's booklet printing setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok

I will test.

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Edvard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you use print booklet you need to select the printer, then choose setup or print setup or Printer (the name on the button will vary by OS) and enter the printer driver dialog to set the page flip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines