Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print booklet issues

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I have been having some issues getting the print booklet function to work as I think it should

I have made an 84 page booklet and set it up to print as 2-up perfect bound (the only option that allowed me to specify signatures) I checked the print blank spreads box but when I checked the finished pdf afterwards (I printed to pdf to check that all was well before sending to a printer) I noticed that it had ignored the blank page and then inserted one at a random page later in the booklet to make the booklet page count a multiple of 4 (which it already was). Have I done something wrong or is this a feature?

My second issue is then printing to a non-duplex printer. I can't see a way to tell Indesign to print the odd pages first so I can then turn them around in the printer to print the even pages. This seems OK if I print the PDF, but I would prefert to print directly from Indesign. Am I missing something here? Simply typing in the odd pages as a range in indesign doesn't seem to work - it seems to treat those pages as the entire booklet.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help with this

Dave

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you doing this if the file is destined to go to a printer? Imposition is their job, not yours.

Export the PDF and if there's an issue, let the printer find it and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having your book printed commercially you would notmally send single pages to your printer for them to impose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to check Print Blank Pages in the Print Settings... or Print Setup as well as Print Blank Printer Spreads in the Print Booklet dialog:

Screen Shot 5.png

Screen Shot 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines